10 Surprising Uses for Vodka
Got Vodka? Then you’ve got more than just something to mix with tonic water: You’ve got a Swiss Army knife of home remedies. Check out the list below that we gathered from theDailyGreen.com’s “10 Weird Uses for Vodka“:
1. Treat Poison Ivy – “To avoid the uncomfortable reaction, immediately pour vodka on skin that has come into contact with poison ivy, and the alcohol will wash away the itchy culprit, urushiol oil.”
2. Kill Odor-Causing Bacteria – “You can keep your clothes smelling fresher with vodka….Simply spritz your duds with the stuff, then hang to dry.” Apparently, Vodka doesn’t leave a scent of its own.
3. Shine Your Chrome, Glass and Porcelain Fixtures – “Moisten a soft, clean cloth with vodka, then apply a little elbow grease.”
4. Keep Flowers Fresh Longer – “Add a few drops of vodka and a teaspoon of sugar to the water in your flower vase.”
5. Insect Repellent – “Pour a little of the saucy spirit in a spray bottle and squirt on the little buggers, or yourself as a repellent.”
6. Disinfect and Alleviate Jellyfish Stings – “For vegetarians and others who don’t travel with meat tenderizer.”
7. For Shinier, Healthier Hair – “Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo.”
8. Get Rid of Mold – “Try filling a recycled spray bottle with some bottom-shelf vodka….Spritz on, then let sit for 15 minutes. Scrub away with an old toothbrush.”
9. Natural Aches & Pains Remedy – This one’s a bit more complicated to describe (and involves Lavender), so we suggest clicking through to read the recipe for this concoction (slide # 10).
10. Relieve a Toothache – “try swishing a shot of vodka over the affected area. It can help disinfect, and should numb some of the pain in your gums.”
Do you know of any other ways to use Vodka? Share with the Tip Hero community below by leaving a comment. And thanks for being a Tip Hero!
10 Weird Uses for Vodka (TheDailyGreen.com)
Homepage photo credit: geishaboy500