It might not seem like it, but spring is almost here! Our clocks have sprung ahead, we’re gearing up for spring cleaning, and we’re switching out our warm winter woolens for light spring linens. Something else we’re switching up? Our breakfast routine! While we’ll never give up our cinnamon rolls, we DO think we can make them more appropriate for the season, and all by simply adding one of our favorite fruits: strawberries! These Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls topped with a lemon cream cheese frosting are the perfect fruity addition to a warm-weather brunch. Watch how they’re made and give them a try!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
STRAWBERRY CINNAMON ROLLS
– 1 loaf frozen bread dough (we like Rhode’s brand), thawed to room temperature
– 1 cup strawberry jam
– ½ cup finely-chopped strawberries
– 1 tsp cinnamon
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
– 4 ounce (½ typical package) cream cheese, softened
– 3 tablespoons butter, softened
– 2 teaspoons lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon lemon zest (about 1 lemon’s worth)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- On parchment paper, roll out the bread dough into an18-inch-by-12-inch rectangle.
- Spread the jam evenly over the dough, leaving a ½-inch border along one long end for sealing the roll in step 5.
- Sprinkle the chopped strawberries and cinnamon over top to jam.
- Using the parchment to help, roll the dough into a tight cylinder, sealing with the non-jam border from step 3.
- Using non-wax dental floss to prevent squishing, cut the roll into 8 to 9 rolls.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, zest and vanilla together, then beat in the powdered sugar.
- Frost the baked cinnamon rolls with the cream cheese frosting and enjoy!
So sweet and delicious! The lemon cream cheese frosting really adds something special, don’t you think? Will you give these Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls a try?