The Hasselback style of preparing baked potato is my favorite way to enjoy a spud. You can totally customize this any way you want choosing your own favorite cheese and garnishes like bacon crumbles. Check out how easy these are to make in the short video below. If Sweet Potatoes are more your thing try this amazing Maple Pecan Hasselback Sweet Potato.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Smoky Hasselback Potato
2 medium potatoes, washed and dried
salt and pepper to taste
2 oz smoked Gouda, freeze 30 minutes and then slice into thin rectangles, freeze again until ready to use
1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
2 tablespoons heavy cream or half and half
1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar
2 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper between the slices.
3. Stuff the cut potatoes with the Gouda and butter, alternating between the two. Every other slit should be full of cheese, the rest with butter.
4. Sprinkle with the chopped rosemary.
5. Bake at 400 for 45 minutes, then add cream, cheddar and bacon.
6. Bake 15 more minutes or until the potato slices are tender when pierced with a knife.
Tip: I was able to get very thin, even slices of cheese and butter by slicing them while frozen on a mandolin.