Lately, we are ALL about the no-bake treats, especially in these weeks after Christmas where we’re running out of cookies but can’t bear to think about turning on our ovens again. Whether it’s a cheesecake, pie, or another kind of dessert entirely, there’s nothing more delightful than a dessert you only have to mix— and there’s nothing easier than or more perfectly-sized than a cookie bar. Our new fave? These PB Chocolate Coconut Bars!
So what makes these bars so special? Like most no-bake cookies, they make use of oats to help bind the batter and keep them together, but thanks to all the other ingredients – that coconut, the chocolate, some pecans and, of course, peanut butter – they taste like so much more than cereal. The result is an indulgent treat you can prep in mere minutes. The hardest part? Waiting for them to set!
Watch us whip up these No-Bake PB Chocolate Coconut Bars, then read on for the full recipe.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
No-Bake PB Chocolate Coconut Bars
Makes 24 bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1-¼ cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Line a 8-inch-by-8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the peanut butter, coconut oil, and honey. Heat the mixture over medium-low heat until melted.
- Add the dark chocolate chips to the peanut butter mixture, and stir until melted.
- Add the rolled oats, the 1 cup of shredded coconut, the chopped pecans and the vanilla extract. Stir until fully mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the lined baking dish. Sprinkle with the ¼ cup of toasted coconut.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, until firm.
- Cut into 2-inch bars. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
And there we are! Such an easy, tasty, delightful treat, don’t you agree? The peanut butter, coconut, honey and pecans give these no-bake cookie bars so much more flavor, and the oats give it just enough structure to make these the perfect portable treat.
Now what do you think? How do these No-Bake PB Chocolate Coconut Bars compare to other no-bake cookies and treats you’ve made or tried before? Is there anything you’d add to or subtract from this recipe? What no-bake recipes would you like to see us try next? Tell us all about it in the comments, especially if you try our recipe, and be sure to let us know how your own no-bake bars turn out for you!
Recipe adapted from Barefeet In The Kitchen