May is here which means springtime barbecues and parties are in full swing! And with those spring parties comes a whole new array of flavors, totally different from those we’d serve in the dreary wintertime. It’s time for lighter, fresh-flavored foods to welcome in the lovely weather. And nothing embodies the freshness of spring better than zesty, sweet orange creamsicles! This take on your favorite childhood ice cream bar is a simple and classy dessert to serve at spring gatherings, with the perfect light, fluffy texture and sweet, fresh flavors for the season. Watch the video below to see how it’s done.
Essentially anything on top of homemade pie crust is bound to be a winner, but these creamsicle bars take this dessert to the next level!
Oh, and did we mention…this is a no bake recipe. Things just even sweeter.
ORANGE CREAMSICLE BARS
– 1 1/2 cups of graham crackers, crushed
– 1/2 cup butter, melted
– 2 tbsp. sugar
– 1 1/2 cups of cream cheese
– 14 oz. condensed milk
– 1/3 cup sugar
– 2 tbp. organge zest
– 1 cup orange juice
– 1/2 tsp. orange extract
– 1/3 cup of powdered sugar
– 1 cup heavy whipping cream
2. Line a baking tin with foil, then cover the bottom with the graham cracker crust. Push the crust down with you hands to solidify it. Stick crust in the freezer.
3. In a mixer, combine cream cheese, condensed milk, and sugar. Mix to combine.
4. Add your orange zest, juice, and extract to the mixture and combine.
5. In a separate bowl, combine powdered sugar and whipping cream. Mix to combine.
6. Add whipped cream mixture to the original mixture and combine. Pour the entire thing into the graham cracker crust
7. Freeze. Once set, cut into bars and top with orange slices if desired.