We roast Brussels sprouts in the oven until they’re caramelized and toasty, then glaze them with an irresistible honey balsamic dressing.
Clearly we can’t get enough of the tangy-sweet combo of honey and balsamic vinegar, since we’ve used it to glaze steak bites, carrots, pork chops, and chicken. This time honey and balsamic are lending their bright flavors to one of our favorite veggies: Brussel sprouts.
All you have to do is toss together six ingredients on a sheet pan and stick it in the oven for just 20 minutes.
The best Brussels sprouts recipes are roasted, since it brings out so much more depth than steaming or boiling. See those smoky, toasted bits? That’s where the flavor lives.
There’s nothing fancy about the ingredients or the preparation, yet a dish of these Brussels sprouts looks undeniably elegant. The emerald green and purple bring a pretty pop of color to the table, whether it’s a holiday meal or just a Tuesday night dinner.
We know what you’re thinking and the answer is no, a little bit of bacon wouldn’t be out of place here. This delicious, healthy vegetable side dish recipe bursts with so much flavor, even the pickiest of Brussels sprouts haters will ask for seconds.
Honey Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 425°F / 220°C.
- Place the trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts and red onions on a sheet pan. Toss them with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season them generously with salt and pepper. Place the sheet pan in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the balsamic vinegar, remaining olive oil, and honey. Mix until they’re well blended. Drizzle the honey balsamic sauce over the roasted brussels sprouts and toss to coat. Serve immediately.