Are you ready for a twist on sliders? If you said, “Yes!” you’re going to love these: a Cuban combo of ham, cheese, and pickles, baked on a warm, toasty Hawaiian roll. When topped with a spread made of Dijon mustard, butter, poppy seeds and onion powder, it just doesn’t get more satisfying OR any easier. Watch how simply these crowd-pleasers come together, and give them a try!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
HAWAIIAN ROLL CUBAN SLIDERS
Serves 6 Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 – 12-count package Hawaiian rolls
- ½ pound sliced deli ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- ¼ cup mayo
- ⅓ cup Dijon mustard
- 12 slices dill pickles
- 1½ teaspoons poppy seeds
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- Without pulling them apart, slice the rolls in half and place the intact bottoms into a baking dish.
- Spread the mayo and ¼ cup of the Dijon mustard on top of the rolls. Layer the ham, pickles and Swiss cheese on top, then place the tops of the halved rolls on top of the layers.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter. Add the remaining Dijon mustard and mix until fully-incorporated.
- Add the onion powder and poppy seeds, and stir to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the rolls, cover with foil and let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Bake rolls covered for 15 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes, until the tops have browned and the cheese has melted.
- Cut rolls the into individual servings and serve warm.
Don’t these little sandwiches look fabulous? Leftovers taste great cold, too, but we don’t think you’ll have to worry about having too many! Make sure to tell us if you give this recipe a try.
Recipe adapted from House Of Yumm