Looking for an easy breakfast you can make quickly and eat while you’re on-the-go? Of course you are. We’re all always searching for ways to make hectic mornings easier, so we’re all about THESE: Grab-N-Go Omelettes! Yes, they kind of look more like muffins, but trust us— there’s only egg in there! Plus, of course, all the colorful and delicious fillings you’re used to having in all of your favorite omelettes. Bake them up ahead of time, then freeze for the easiest, tastiest morning yet. Watch how they’re made, then read on for the full recipe.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup ham, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Grease 6 cups of a muffin pan with pan spray. Spray every other cup for even baking.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, ham, red onion, green onion, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Ladle the egg mixture into the 6 prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the eggs have puffed up and browned slightly.
- Remove the omelettes from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
After baking, you can either enjoy these little omelettes immediately, or you can freeze them for later. When you’re ready to eat, just pop the the grab-n-go omelette in the microwave and heat for 1 minute. They’re perfect for those mornings when you want a healthy breakfast, but just don’t have the time to whip up a full, nutritious meal.
So what do you think? Will you give these Grab-N-Go Omelettes a try? Have you ever made anything similar to them before? What other fillings do you think would work well in these omelettes? Maybe some peppers, or bacon, or Monterrey Jack cheese would work, too. Tell us if you give them a try and how they turn out for you!
Recipe adapted from Snapguide