What do you get when you combine steak, cheese, peppers, onions and Snack Factory® Pretzel Crisps®? The answer, of course, is #snackgenius. These cheesesteak bites may be small, but each one is loaded with impressive flavor. And fair warning: eating just one of these bites would be absolutely impossible.
Putting this appetizer together really couldn’t be easier. And when it comes to slicing the steak into the necessary bite-sized pieces you need, we’ve got a hack for you. Before you start preparing this recipe, just toss your desired cut of steak into the freezer for about forty five minutes. When you take the steak out, it will be much easier to slice into smaller pieces. No struggling with tough, hard-to-cut meat!
Once you’ve done a bit of preparation, just load all of your ingredients onto the Pretzel Crisps®. Pop your sheet tray into the oven for just five minutes, then marvel at the cheesy, sizzling, savory appetizer that’s ready to be the star of your game day table – that is if any of those cheesesteak bites actually make it from the tray to the table!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Makes about 40 bites
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- 1-½ Lb. ribeye steak(s) or other well-marbled meat
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- ½ small onion, small dice
- 1 medium red pepper, small dice
- 1 medium green pepper, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pretzel Crisps® – Original Flavor
- ½ Lb. provolone cheese, cut into thin strips
- Place steak in freezer for 45 minutes; this makes the steak easier to slice. Remove from freezer and slice very thinly (⅛” thick).
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Working in batches, add steak strips, season with salt and pepper, and cook each side 30 – 45 seconds, or until well browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-high, return sauté pan and heat oil. Add onions and peppers. Season with salt and pepper and cook about 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350℉ / 175℃. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and evenly arrange Pretzel Crisps® “face-side” up on the pan.
- Place 3-4 strips of provolone cheese on each Pretzel Crisp®. Top with 1-2 strips of cooked steak, folded, on top of the cheese. Add 1 Tsp. sautéed onion and pepper mixture and place a few strips of provolone cheese on top. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.