Want a healthier option of fried rice that doesn’t pack as much carbs. Making cauliflower fried rice is easy, healthier, and just as good. Check out the video below:
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
1 small head of cauliflower (this will produce 2½ cups riced cauliflower)
2 Tbs sesame oil
1 small white onion, chopped (about 1 cup chopped onions)
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce (more or less to taste)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp chopped green onions
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets, discarding any large stem pieces. Place the florets into the bowl of a food processor (if you have a smaller food processor, do this in two batches so the cauliflower grinds evenly). Pulse until the cauliflower is chopped into small pieces that are about the same size as a grain of rice. Measure 2 ½ cups of the riced cauliflower into a small bowl and reserve any remaining cauliflower for another recipe.
2. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is very hot, pour in the sesame oil. Add the white onion and the peas and carrots and fry for five minutes or until the onion has softened.
3. Push the mixture to one side of the frying pan. Pour the scrambled eggs onto the bare side of the pan and stirring constantly to prevent sticking, cook the eggs until no longer runny, about 1-2 minutes.
4. Once the eggs are set, mix with the onion and peas and carrots, then add 2 Tbsp soy sauce and the riced cauliflower to the pan. Cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 5 minutes.
5. Taste and add another Tbsp of soy sauce to taste (I just used the 2 Tbsp and it was salty enough, but it can depend on if you’re using reduced-sodium or regular soy sauce). Before serving, garnish with the chopped green onions.
Serves 2 as a main dish and 4 as a side dish.
This would also be great if you add 2 chopped garlic cloves and a tsp of minced ginger in with the onion.