If you find yourself in a rush and often need to grab breakfast on the go or just want to save time, these amazing omelet muffins are the best way to batch cook breakfast. I was skeptical about how they would turn out, but they came out of the oven looking amazing with a beautiful golden top. And to my delight, they tasted even better than they looked. Check out the video to see how easy they are to make:
– 4 Eggs
– 1/4 Cup of Milk
– 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Powder
– 1/2 teaspoon of Oil
– Salt & Pepper
– Grated Cheese (Your choice, I used Cheddar)
– Favorite Omelet fillings (Your choice, I used onions, bell peppers and diced ham)
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
– In a frying pan, cook up your favorite omelet ingredients. I chose onions, bell peppers, and diced ham.
– Grease a 6 spot muffin tin.
– Fill each muffin cup with cooked omelet ingredients.
– Top with favorite shredded cheese.
– Mix egg, milk, baking powder, oil, and salt & pepper in a bowl.
– Pour egg mixture in each muffin cup. You should fill each about 4/5 of the way to the top.
– Put in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
– Take out of oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving or storing.
I whip up double batches of the above recipe using my 12 spot muffin tin. I put them in a large plastic ziplock bag, store them in the fridge, and enjoy throughout the week. These taste just as delicious the next day. I like them both cold or heated up in the microwave. To make them last even longer, you could also store them in the freezer and reheat them in the microwave for a minute or 2 when you want to enjoy them.
What omelet fillings would you enjoy in your omelet muffins? Tell us in the comments.