We love the ease and deliciousness of smoothies. And breakfast smoothies are an excellent way to get the nutrients and energy we need to start our days off on the right foot.
Just one problem— after a week or so, they get kind of repetitive and boring, don’t they? After all, a strawberry-banana smoothie every once in a while is a treat. Every single morning? Well that’s just as boring as plain old cornflakes! (No offense to cornflakes, of course.)
Luckily for all of us, there are tons of creative smoothie chefs out there, and one of our favorites, The Domestic Geek, has got some great recipes to share with us. In fact, she’s sharing a perfect smoothie for every day of the week. Pretty great, huh?
Even better, she’s also sharing some great tips for making sure those smoothies come out as perfect as possible, like:
- Use frozen fruit. The Domestic Geek freezes hers in a single layer on a sheet pan to prevent clumping and to stop the formation of ice crystals that will water down smoothies.
- Always add your liquid first to help the blender run more smoothly.
- Make and freeze “smoothie baggies” ahead of time to give you even more time in the mornings.
There’s more where those came from, so be sure to scroll down and watch her video for more. Before that, we’re sharing our favorite smoothies that we can’t wait to make.
Monday’s Yellow Smoothie
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup frozen pineapple, diced
- ½ cup frozen mango
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
Thursday’s Purple Smoothie
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- ½ vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup frozen blackberries
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup cherries, pitted
No matter which day of the week it is or which smoothie you’ve decided to enjoy, the steps for making each one are the same!
- Add the liquid ingredients – like juice or milk – to a blender first.
- Add any and all remaining ingredients.
- Blend all the ingredients together well.
- Enjoy! You can also store your blended smoothies in the refrigerator for up to three days.
How easy is that? We love that there’s so much variety, with a way to enjoy a colorful, flavorful breakfast every morning without getting bored of the repetition. The fact that we can make them a few days ahead of time to help us on those rushed mornings? A great summer bonus.
To see The Domestic Geek whip up these smoothies and share more smart tips – and to discover the other flavor combinations she’s come up with for the other days of the week – check out her video below. Trust us, you’re going to want to blend one up immediately.
What do you think of The Domestic Geek’s 5 breakfast smoothies? Which “color” do you want to try first? What will you do with the extra time in the summer mornings these make-ahead smoothies will give you?