The most romantic day of the year is, without a doubt, Arbor Day. Just kidding, it’s February 14th, of course! Valentine’s Day, the day where you’re supposed to show your sweetheart some extra love, is coming up faster than we’d care to think about.
And the holiday approaching means that you probably have a big date night coming up, too. Whether it’s your long-time significant other, a blind date, or a group of your best pals, this is a night of celebration! Naturally, you want to look and feel your best for the romantic evening.
If you’re already planning your date night outfit, we commend you for your forethought. But have you started to consider how you’ll wear your hair on the big day?
Any beauty lover will tell you, your hairstyle is most definitely a part of that fabulous outfit you’re crafting.
Don’t stress out if you haven’t given it much thought! YouTuber Kayley Melissa has a great video tutorial walking us through three amazing hairstyles that are perfect for Valentine’s Day. She styles these looks on both long and short hair (the power of wigs) so no matter your hair length, you know you can pull off these adorable looks.
Disclaimer: you don’t have to enjoy/celebrate Valentine’s Day to rock these hairstyles! A lot of people detest Valentine’s Day as a holiday, and believe us when we say, that’s okay. These hairstyles have a beautiful, ethereal, and romantic vibe that isn’t reserved just for this one day of the year.
All three of these styles would look just as amazing at an anti-Valentine’s Day party as they would on a romantic date. Just saying.
Here’s a breakdown of our favorite romantic style of the three: The Romantic Half Updo.
The Romantic Half Updo
- Start by taking a section from the back of your head and braid it all the way down. Once the braid is done, loosen it on top just a bit to give it some volume.
- Grab a chunk of hair to the left of your braid and twist it a few times. To give it more condensed volume, grab the bottom of the twist and scrunch the rest upwards.
- Take that twisted piece of hair and weave it into your braid; all you have to do is open up one part of your braid, stick it through, and use a bobby pin to keep it in place.
- Repeat on the right side.
- Repeat on the left side, using a piece of hair closer to the front of your face. Pin this piece under your first twist, you don’t have to weave it into the braid.
- Repeat on the right side.
Make sure to loosen up your braid to give it a laid-back texture that’s very trendy right now. This will also give some amazing volume to the overall look of the ‘do.
To get the video tutorial on this hairstyle and instructions on two more gorgeous looks, watch the video below!
What do you think of these three Valentine’s Day hairstyles? Share your thoughts and your favorite romantic look in the comments section below.