Whenever we’ve made cookies with M&M’s in the past, we’ve usually just dropped some into regular chocolate chip dough and called it a day. Who knew there was a better way? Chew Out Loud shows us the light with this recipe for chewy, chocolatey, best-ever M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies.
– 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons baking soda
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 cups salted butter, softened to room temperature
– 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, loosely packed
– Two 3.4 ounce packages instant vanilla pudding
– 4 large eggs
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
– 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
– 2 cups M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the softened butter and brown sugar on medium high, until light and fluffy.
- Add the packages of pudding mix and beat until incorporated.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, blending well.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture as you use your mixer’s dough hook attachment to fold the dry and wet ingredients together until just fully incorporated.
- Add in the chocolate chips and M&M’s, mixing into the dough with a wooden spoon or clean hands.
- Cover tightly and chill in fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour. You can also freeze it at this point for later use.
- Form 1 inch balls of dough and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake about 8 minutes, until the edges look golden brown. Cookies may seem slightly underdone, but they will firm up while cooling. Don’t over bake!
- Cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, then remove the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
The end result here has all the color of these melt-in-your-mouth candies and all the taste of the best chocolate chip cookies. Perfect! How do you like to dress-up your cookies? What are your favorite candies to incorporate into your baking?