With Thanksgiving just around the corner, we’re all inevitably on the hunt for adorable foods. Whether you’re looking for pilgrim hat apps or some cornucopia sandwiches, this is the time of year for cute (and oftentimes cheesy) themed snacks!
One of the most classic Thanksgiving shapes is, of course, the turkey. Anything turkey-related in bound to be a big hit on your dinner spread! That’s why we’re so excited to show you these turkey Rice Krispies, brought to us YouTuber How Does She.
Made with chocolaty Rice Krispie Treats, these adorable desserts use candy and icing to look like sweet little turkeys you can eat. Does it get any cuter (or more simple) than that?
This dessert is perfect for both kids and adults and is going to look absolutely adorable on your dessert table. Trust us, your family is going to crazy taking pictures of these cute little guys.
Luckily, these cake pops are super easy to make. You should be able to make this great dessert in under a half hour, so it’s easy to whip these right before your guests arrive, if need be. Best of all, they’re no bake! You’ll be baking PLENTY this holiday season, so it’s time you gave yourself a little break.
If you’re wondering where you can get candy eyes or just the right size cookie cutter, you should be able to find them at your local grocery store or party store. No luck there? Check on Wilton’s website to have the right tools will be sent right to your doorstep.
What do you think of this cute Thanksgiving dessert? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Turkey Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
- Red icing
- Candy corn
- Yellow M&M’s
- Candy eyes
- Mini Reese’s Cups
- Circular cookie cutter
- Make your chocolate Rice Krispie Treats as the package instructs.
- Using any size circular cookie cutter, make cut circles out of your Krispies. Make sure to remold your scraps and continue cutting circles until you’ve used the entire batch.
- Lay the Krispies out on a plate to be decorated. Use red icing to glue five pieces of candy corn around one edge of your circle; these will be your “feathers.” Then glue a mini Reese’s Cup to create your face, using the icing to glue on two candy eyes towards the top of the candy and a yellow M&M to act as the nose. Finish the decorations by adding a line of red icing as the neck.
- Continue this for all of your treats until they’re entirely decorated.