After a tasty taco dinner, what do you have for dessert? There are lots of delicious options, but for our money, the best one is . . . more tacos! Dessert tacos, that is, with a sugar cookie shell. Whipping them up is totally easy, and you can fill them with whatever your favorite fruits are. Plus, you can make your own cookie dough for that homemade taste, or use refrigerated sugar cookie dough for a dessert that’s both special and easy. Check them out!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
SUGAR COOKIE TACOS
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 – 16.5-ounce roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups fruit, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Wrap a rolling pin, empty paper towel rolls or other rounded forms in foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons of sugar and the cinnamon.
- Slice the cookie dough into 12 ½-inch thick slices.
- Press each cookie dough slice into the cinnamon-sugar, then place on a baking sheet. There should be about 6 cookies per sheet, evenly spaced.
- Bake the cookies until golden brown, following the package instructions.
- Gently remove cookies from the pan and immediately drape over the foil wrapped forms. Press gently to mold the cookie to the roll. Allow to cool completely before removing.
- In a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream and 3 tablespoons of sugar together on medium-high speed, until stiff peaks form.
- Fill each cookie with 2 tablespoons of the whipped cream, and top with chopped fruit.
Easy, sweet and delicious! We love that you can make these with any fruit you want, and with either refrigerated or homemade cookie dough. What do you think? Have you ever seen sugar cookie or dessert tacos like these before?
Recipe adapted from What’s Cookin’ Girls