Spring is in full-bloom, and some areas of the U.S. are already tilting towards summer. You know what that means— it’s time for summertime fruit picking! Two of our favorites – and we’re betting two of YOUR favorites, too! – are strawberries and rhubarb, so of course we had to go on a search for a fresh way to enjoy them together. While we’re big fans of a classic strawberry-rhubarb pie, we’re pretty sure we have that dish beat with these incredible tasty dumplings that are SO easy to make. All you need are strawberries, rhubarb, and crescent rolls! Check it out!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB DUMPLINGS
–½ cup (about 1 stalk) sliced rhubarb
–¾ cup chopped strawberries
–1 – 8-ounce can crescent roll dough
–½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
–¾ cup granulated sugar
–1 teaspoon vanilla
–½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
–½ cup lemon-lime soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9-inch-by-9-inch pan with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, mix the strawberries and rhubarb together.
- Carefully unroll the crescent roll dough and separate the 8 triangles from each other.
- Place a spoonful of the strawberries and rhubarb on the wide end of the triangle, then roll up like a typical crescent roll. Place in the baking pan and repeat with the 7 remaining triangles.
- Melt the butter in a medium microwave-safe measuring cup or bowl.
- Stir the sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon into the butter, then pour evenly over the dumplings in the pan.
- Pour the lemon-lime soda around the edges of the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius) for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the crescent rolls are golden brown on top.
What a perfectly easy spring treat! Do you think you’ll give these dumplings a try? What other fruits might you try to incorporate?