How To Make A Steak And Cheese Stromboli
When it comes to delicious baked combos of meats and cheeses, most people fall into two camps: pizza-lovers, and steak-and-cheese-lovers. So if you fall into one camp and you’re dining with somebody from another, or you adore both and can’t decide, you need a dish that combines the best of both worlds. The answer might surprise you: Stromboli! This savory turnover is packed with provolone cheese, roast beef, and veggies, but baked inside a tasty, crispy pizza crust. It’s everything delicious and more. Just watch how it comes together.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
STEAK AND CHEESE STROMBOLI
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 pound deli roast beef, shaved thin and chopped
- 1 pound provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 large white onion
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- ½ pound mushrooms, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Flour a piece of parchment paper.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the green pepper, and season with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sauté for another 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the pizza dough on the floured parchment paper. Roll the dough out to a ¼-inch thick rectangle. Gently slide the parchment paper with the dough onto a sheet pan.
- Evenly layer the provolone on the dough, leaving a 2-inch edge on each side. Layer the chopped roast beef on top of the cheese, leaving the same space on all sides. Top with the sautéed veggies, again leaving space from the edge.
- Working from the long edge, begin to roll the dough tightly away from you, tucking the fillings in as you go. Seal the seam on the bottom and on the ends by pinching the dough together.
- Brush the egg wash over the Stromboli and make 3 to 4 slits on the top to release steam while baking.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown. Add the Parmesan cheese to the top and continue to bake until melted.
- Remove the Stromboli from the oven and let it stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
How delicious does that look?! We adore this recipe, and can’t wait to hear what you think of it. Give it a try and tell us how it goes!
Recipe adapted from Taste Of Home