The season of gift giving is nearly upon us, which means that we need to step up our game when it comes to our gift wrapping, as well. Personally, I’m not a good gift wrapper…at all, really. So when it comes to this time of year, I’m always looking for hacks to keep things simple and clean-looking.
If you’re like me, and you just want a wrapping technique with no muss, no fuss, then we have the perfect hacks for you! Both of these wrapping methods are quick, easy, and come out looking amazing.
For both wrapping jobs, all you need is paper, tape, and your gift to put the finishing touches on an awesome present.
Wrapping Hack #1: Paper Gift Pocket
This hack not only allows for a crisp, easy wrapping job, but it also creates a built-in pocket so you can add an extra gift or a bit of garnish to the outside of the present.
- First, you need to lay out just enough wrapping paper to cover the full area of your present.
- Fold up the first corner of your wrapping paper. DoItOnADime
- Fold up the second corner of your wrapping paper.
- Fold up the third side, gathering up the insider paper so that it’s hidden. Wrap it all the way around the gift and tape it in place.DoItOnADime
- Fold down the final corner and tape.DoItOnADime
Wrapping Hack #2: Quick Gift Bag
If you have a oddly shaped gift, wrapping sometimes isn’t the way. But you can make a impromptu gift bag out of wrapping paper that you already have sitting in your craft closet.
- Take your piece of paper and make a “tri-fold board,” meaning that you fold in two sides to create a three-paneled piece of paper.
- Fold up the bottom to make a base and then fold this into a triangle. DoItOnADime
- Open up the triangle and fold in the tips, creating two smaller triangles.
- Tape this together to keep the base in place.
- Open it up to create your little bag!
Just with wrapping paper and tape, you can easily create these two styles easily! Even if you’re no gift wrapping pro. Your friends are going to be so impressed by how you upped your gift game this holiday season.
Do you have a trick to make your gift wrapping more impressive or easier? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.