With the summer weather in full swing, there is no better time of the year to go camping! Camping is not just a great way to enjoy the great outdoors, it’s also a great place to relax, do some fun activities, and eat some delicious camping food. Preparing food to go camping with can be tricky, because it has to travel well and be able to grill over an open fire. But that doesn’t mean you have to stick with hot dogs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Try packing up some of these amazingly flavorful onion bombs to grill for your next camping trick!
If you CAN’T get out to go camping this summer…we’re sorry. But just because you can’t enjoy kayaking or that smoky smell of a campfire doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy this camping treat indoors!
The great thing about this onion bomb recipe is that it can be made in the outdoors, over a fire, or right in the comfort of your home, in your oven.
Thanks to Inspire to Cook for this amazing recipe.
How will you be cooking up these delicious onion bombs this summer? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the ends of your onion off. Then, cut your onion in half right down the middle and isolate the two halves of the outer layer. If you’re a more experience chef, you can take the core out of the onion first.
- Take apart the onion, without breaking the layers, layer by layer.
- Break your egg into a bowl and whisk it. Grate or chop your leftover onion into the ground beef. Squeeze some of the extra onion pieces into the meat to get the juice into the meat.
- To your ground meat, add your dry ingredients, the Worcestershire sauce, and your egg. Use a clean hand to mix it all together.
- Start to stuff your onion “bombshells” with chunks of the meat mixture. Chop up a cheese stick and add a piece of cheese with the meat inside each onion “shell.”
- Wrap the onion bombs in some tin foil. Double wrap if you’re grilling.
- Put the bombs on the cooking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Enjoy!