Need To Wash Your Bras? Then You Need This Kitchen Appliance
Be honest— how often do you wash your bras? We all know we should wash them more than we do, but when we can’t – and shouldn’t – just throw them in the washer with the rest of our laundry, it’s a task that just seems to fall through the cracks. “I can wear it for just one more day” turns into one more week, and suddenly we’re left with dingy, embarrassing underwear. Luckily, Pure Wow points out that there’s a tool to solve this problem, and it’s probably hanging out in your kitchen as we speak.
Yes, friends, we’re talking about salad spinners! If it’s gentle enough to wash fragile lettuce, then it’s definitely gentle enough for delicate bras. The method is simple:
- Fill your salad spinner with warm water and 2 teaspoons of baby shampoo.
- Place the bra in the spinner, squish it up and down a few times, and submerge.
- Let soak for 10 minutes.
- Spin the salad spinner a few times.
- Dump out the water and rinse the salad spinner clean.
- Fill the salad spinner with cold water, put the bra back in, and spin a few times.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until the water is free of dirt and detergent after spinning.
- Spin the bra a few times in the empty, dry spinner to remove as much excess water as possible.
So easy and so smart! My favorite thing about it is how efficiently it rinses the bra, which for me is always the trickiest part of handwashing. For other tricks and tips related to bra care – including the best way to dry and how to get rid of pilling – be sure to check out Pure Wow’s article. Do you have any of your own tips to add? Have you ever tried this method, or do you prefer another way?