Most meatloaf is made using a loaf pan but I love making meatloaf in muffin tins because it comes out of the oven pre-portioned and you can wow dinner guests with great presentation by piping the mashed potato on top to resemble little meatloaf cupcakes. See how easy these are to make in the quick video below:
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 TSP olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped carrot
1 TSP dried oregano
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup ketchup, divided
2 TBSP prepared mustard
1 TSP Worcestershire sauce
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 TSP freshly ground black pepper
2 large eggs
2 Lbs Cooked Potatoes (we used Yukon’s)
1/4 cup 2% milk
1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
3 TBSP butter
1/2 TSP salt
1/4 TSP ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add olive oil to large skillet over medium-high heat. Combine finely chopped onions, carrots, garlic and oregano. Saute for two minutes and set aside.
3. In large bowl add ground beef, onion mixture and remaining ingredients.
4. Add meatloaf mixture to two 6 cup muffin tins. Be sure to spray each cup with cooking spray. You can pat down the tops with a spoon to get them uniformed in shape. Bake in oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
5. Place peeled potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water and bring to boil. Once boiling cover pot and let simmer for 10 minutes or until you can put a fork through the potatoes easily. You can use a masher but we prefer a potato ricer to get silky smooth consistency which makes it easier to pipe. Add milk and stir in remaining ingredients.
6. You can pipe the mashed potato from a pastry bag or you can simply cut a small corner from a plastic bag and pipe from that.
7. You can garnish with bacon crumbles and/or chives.
Inspiration for this recipe video comes from First Look, Then Cook.