As March is coming up quickly, we’re starting to get into the season of all things mint and green – otherwise known as St. Patrick’s Day! This mint Oreo cheesecake is the perfectly festive decoration for St. Paddy’s Day, but it’s also a delicious treat to make any time of year! Because there should never be a time restriction on any kind of Oreo cheesecake. That would just be wrong.
MINT OREO CHEESECAKE
• 1 package mint Oreo’s, crushed
• 1/4 cup melted butter
• 3 x 8 oz packages of cream cheese
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 4 eggs
• 1/3 cup creme de menthe liqueur (or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract + green colouring)
• 1 package mint Oreo’s, chopped
• halved Mint Oreo’s
• Whipping cream
• Chocolate ganache
• Mint Aero bars and Bubbles
2. In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition until the mixture is smooth again.
4. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the creme de menthe and mix until combined.
5. Pour half of the cheesecake filling on top of the Oreo’s crust. Add half of the chopped Oreo’s (reserve some for the toppings), and then pour the rest of the filling on top of the Oreo’s. Add the rest of the chopped Oreo’s to the top of the cheesecake.
6. Bake the cheesecake for 40-50 minutes at 350F or until the outer edge is cooked, and the inside is slightly wobbly.
7. Once baked, remove from oven, and allow to cool for one hour. Place cheesecake in the fridge for 3 additional hours to cool completely.
8. To decorate, pipe whipping cream rosettes using a 1M tip around the outside of the cheesecake. Squeeze a small amount of ganache on top of the whipping cream rosette, and then place a half Oreo, and a small square of Aero bar. Alternate rosettes with Aero bubbles and Aero bars.
9. Serve once decorated. The cheesecake can be kept stored in a sealed container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
What do you think of this St. Paddy’s Day treat? Do you have any holiday treats your family loves? Share them in the comment section below!