How could a decadent comfort food like meatloaf get any better? By pairing it with another comfort food favorite – lasagna. That’s right, comfort food within comfort food…it’s comfort food-ception. Because while one comfort food is all well and good, go big or go home, right?Take your regular weeknight meal and upgrade it with this simple and delicious twist! Watch the video below to see how to make this amazing crossover.
Can’t decide, meatloaf or lasagna for dinner? Now you don’t have to anymore! Combine them both and make this magnificent combination instead. Truly, it is the combo the world never knew it needed. Until now.
Loving the layers of lasagna over a sweet loaf of meat? Share your thoughts on this ultimate comfort food in the comments section below.
– 8 sheets of lasagna noodles
– Whole peeled tomatoes
– Basil sprigs
– Thinly sliced garlic
– Crushed red pepper flakes
– Olive oil
– Shredded mozzarella
– Grated Parmesan
– 1 egg
– Ground beef chuck
– Ground pork chuck
– Chopped bacon
– Grated white onion
– 2 eggs
– Salt and pepper
2. In a pan heat up olive oil. Add garlic, crushed red pepper, and salt.
3. Crush the peeled tomatoes with your hands and add those and some basil sprigs to the pan. Mix to let thicken into a sauce.
4. In a separate bowl, combine mozzarella, ricotta, grated Parmesan, and an egg. Stir to combine.
5. In another bowl, mix all meatloaf ingredients with your hands to combine.
6. On a baking sheet lined with tin foil layer in this order: meat, cheese, and meat, then form the meatloaf into its traditional shape. For the lasagna layers, layer in this order: sauce, cheese, noodles. Repeat 3 times.
7. Bake at 350 F. for 45 minutes.
8. Garnish with parsley and let cool before serving.