These mini hashbrown quiches are a great way to batch cook breakfast. Customize them anyway you like with your favorite cheese and omelette fillings. They freeze well, I often freeze a dozen and just pop them in the microwave to heat them up and they taste delicious. Check out the quick video below:
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
20 oz bag refrigerated Southwest-style hash browns
8 large eggs
2 Tbsp milk
pinch salt and pepper
3/4 lb breakfast sausage
1 cup diced onion
½ each red and green bell peppers, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Butter a 12 cup muffin tin really well, then divide the hash browns between the muffin tins. Press them down to form a shell.
2. Bake the hash browns until crispy and brown on the edges and bottoms, 20-25 minutes.
*Tip: When they have cooled enough that you can handle them, remove from the pan and spray the muffin tins with non-stick spray before you add the eggs and filling to the hash brown cups. This will keep them from sticking to the bottom of the muffin tins during the second baking time.
3. Brown the sausage in a medium skillet over medium heat, then remove the sausage and sauté the onions, peppers and garlic in the pan. When the onions are translucent, about five minutes, add the sausage back to the skillet.
4. In a 4-cup measuring cup with a spout, scramble the eggs and milk with a pinch of salt and pepper, then add in the cheese.
5. Pour eggs into hashbrown crusts, spooning the cheese evenly among the tins if it gets stuck at the bottom of the measuring cup.
6. Add a spoonful of the sausage filling and sprinkle a little more cheese on top if you’d like.
7. Lower the oven temperature to 350F and bake 20 more minutes or until browned on the sides and the eggs are set.
Makes 12 hashbrown mini quiches