His Secret Ingredient Makes the Fluffiest Pancakes Ever!
There is nothing better on a Sunday morning than a warm stack of pancakes. But getting that stack of pancakes just right? Easier said than done. Typically, your pancakes will deflate and fall flat after a few minutes off the griddle, but what can you do? Restaurant-perfect pancakes aren’t something you can get at home, right? Wrong! You CAN get those perfect, fluffy pancakes right in your kitchen with a few simple tips and tricks. Watch the video below to see how you can get perfect pancakes every time.
Say goodbye to those flat, chewy pancakes and never settle for anything less than fantastic flapjacks with this recipe. Your friends will be dying to know how you make such amazing pancakes. But that’s your little secret.
– 1 3/4 cup flour
– 1 tbsp. baking powder
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 3 1/2 tbsp. sugar
– 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
– 2 eggs
– 1 tsp. vanilla
– 1 tbsp. melted butter
– 2 tbsp. safflower oil
– 3 egg whites
2. Mix all the wet ingredients separately before pouring into the flour mixture. Gently stir them to combine, DO NOT over stir.
3. Heat griddle to 325 – 350 F. Spread butter with a touch of oil onto the griddle, then wipe off extra grease. Excess grease will cause excess burning.
4. Fold in 3 egg whites to your mixture to extra fluffiness.
5. Using an ice cream scoop, put dollops of batter on your hot griddle. Less is more here – don’t put too much batter on your griddle. Remember, they will spread out!
6. Give the pancake 1 1/2 – 2 minutes on the first side before flipping over. Do not press the pancakes down, this will simply flatten them out!
7. If you want to make your pancakes in advance, put them on a platter and re-heat them in the oven at 175 – 200 F. when you’re ready to serve. A great hack for brunches!