We all know how sturdy and durable concrete is, but it can be scarily intimidating to use in everyday DIY projects. HomeMade Modern makes it look easy with this Nesting Table project that uses a surprising tool to make the mold. Check it out!
I think these are perfect for a patio! What do you think? Have you ever made your own concrete furniture? Check out the detailed instructions below and let us know what you think!
–Classic Lego bricks
–Quikrete Countertop Mix
- Use a few small Lego baseplates and build the mold brick-by-brick.
- Mix the concrete.
- Spoon the concrete into the mold. Every 3 inches, use a stick to push the concrete into the corners and vibrate out the air bubbles.
- Repeat step 3 until the mold is full.
- Level and smooth.
- Let the concrete cure for at least 20 hours.
- Remove the Lego mold, starting by removing a few of the upper layers and then flipping the mold over to remove the bricks from the bottom.
You can clean your Legos afterward by flaking off the concrete. brushing some smaller pieces off with a toothbrush, or running them through a washing machine in a bag. Be sure to use cold water and non-abrasive soap.