If you love gooey desserts that also have a little bit of a crunch, then these brownies are right up your alley. With layers of chocolate brownie, marshmallow creme and peanut buttery Rice Krispies treats, this brownie pretty much has it all. Caramel Moments has the recipe for us!
Here’s What You Need:
-1 cup butter, softened
-1 1/2 cups sugar
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-3/4 cup baking cocoa
-1/2 tsp salt
-7 oz. jar marshmallow creme
-1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
-3 cups crispy rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
Here’s What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl (preferably your stand mixer bowl), mix together butter and sugar. Beat at medium speed until well combined and creamy.
- Add in eggs one at a time, beating after each new addition. Then add in the vanilla and beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa and salt. Whisk these together to combine.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing as you go.
- Lightly grease a 9×13″ baking pan, then spread batter evenly onto the pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, then spread an even layer of marshmallow creme over the brownies.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine peanut butter and chocolate chips. Microwave on high for about 60 seconds. Stir and reheat on 30 second intervals until mixture is completely melted and smooth.
- Stir in Rice Krispies cereal, then spread the entire mixture in an even layer over the marshmallow layer.
- Place baking sheet in the fridge and chill until firm. Once firm, cut into bars and enjoy! Store leftovers (if there are any!) in an airtight container in the fridge.