Sometimes, the most delicious and indulgent recipes are also the simplest. Case in point? These Caprese-Stuffed Portobellos. This easy, delicious dish takes everything we all know and love about the caprese flavors – the mozzarella, the tomato, the balsamic – and stuffs it inside everybody’s favorite mushrooms for the best combination of flavors. Whether you serve it as an appetizer, a side, or a main event, this recipe is one you’ll turn to over and over again and always enjoy. Check it out.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
–5 large Portobello mushrooms, cleaned, stem and gills removed
–2 tablespoons butter
–2 cloves garlic, minced
–Salt and pepper, to taste
–5 fresh mozzarella balls, sliced thin
–1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced thin
–Fresh basil, sliced thin, for garnish
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to broil. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and garlic. Microwave on high for 25 seconds, or until melted.
- Place the cleaned mushrooms, stem-side down, on the lined sheet pan. Brush the tops of the mushrooms with the garlic butter and season with salt and pepper. Turn the mushrooms over so the buttered side is facing down.
- Fill each mushroom with the sliced mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Place in the oven and broil for about 8 minutes, or until the tomatoes start to blister and the cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve topped with the sliced basil and a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
- A balsamic reduction can be made by taking balsamic vinegar and gently simmering it in a saucepan until it has thickened and reduced by ¾ of its original amount.
Recipe slighted adapted from Café Delites