Winter is the perfect time to cuddle up with a blanket and enjoy some homemade soup. Since soup is usually pretty cheap and easy to make, it makes for great frugal meals, and usually great leftovers. Take a look at some of the winter soup recipes that we’ve compiled for you to make and enjoy when it’s chilly out:
- Super Loaded Baked Potato Soup:
- Chili Tomato Chicken Soup with Tortillas:Jennifer JoyceThis delicious soup is definitely filling enough to have as a meal and will only take you about 35 minutes to prepare, start to finish.
- Butternut Squash Soup:Habitually HungryNutmeg, honey and roasted pumpkin seeds are used to make this easy and delicious winter favorite.
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup in a Bread Bowl:Sugar CrafterThis great tutorial shows you how to make this winter favorite completely from scratch (including the bread bowl).
- Classic Chicken Noodle Soup:ChowNothing beats this old favorite, whether you’re sick or just chilly! This recipe shows you how to make a batch of this stuff pretty quickly.
- Pasta Fagioli Soup:ShutterbeanUse cannellini beans, pasta, pancetta (or bacon) and some other easy pantry ingredients to make this yummy, hearty soup.
- Tuscan Bean Soup:Serious EatsThis satisfying soup will only take you 30-minutes to make, start to finish!
- Soup from Your Leftovers:WikiMediaThe easiest soup you can make is the kind that incorporates your leftovers. Get creative and mix up some soup with what you’ve got on hand.