National Hamburger Day may have already come and gone, but true burger aficionados know that burger season is just getting started! After all, nothing says “summer” like a backyard full of friends, a hot grill, and a stack of burgers waiting for the perfect char. And what could be better than taking those burgers to the next delicious level?!
Burgers have been a summer staple for as long as we can imagine, but that doesn’t mean we have to stick with the same old boring, browned-beef routine. Why not put a twist on them and give the picky eaters in your life – and yourself! – some variety with delicious options?
Can’t imagine what those options would be? Don’t worry friends— that’s why you have us, and we have The Domestic Geek on our side! She’s here today to show us how to make three different kinds of burgers that will satisfy any and all palates. (And yes, that includes vegetarians!)
Now, all three of these burgers are absolutely delicious, but we just have to highlight our favorite: Mushroom-and-Swiss-Stuffed Burgers! Yes, you read that correctly. These burgers are not only perfectly cooked, seasoned and topped, they’re stuffed with Cremini mushrooms and shredded Swiss cheese for flavor that will, as the Domestic Geek says, “blow your mind!”
Since it’s our fave, we’re sharing the recipe below. Check it out, then scroll down to watch The Domestic Geek whip it up AND share the other two delicious burger options.
Mushroom and Swiss Stuffed Burger
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 pounds ground beef (The Domestic Geek recommends an 80/20 fat ratio.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ red onion, grated
- 2 teaspoons horseradish (optional)
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- In a large frying pan, heat the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes, or until completely browned. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, garlic, red onion, horseradish, steak sauce, salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix well.
- Form eight uniform patties.
- Stuff four of the patties with mushrooms and Swiss cheese. The Domestic Geek places a little bit of Swiss cheese on the bottom burger, adds the mushrooms, and then tops with a little more Swiss cheese.
- Top each patty with a second patty and pinch the edges together to create four stuffed burgers. Be sure to pinch well so the burgers don’t come apart on the grill.
- Grill the burgers to your desired doneness.
- Place the grilled burgers on buns and garnish with the lettuce, onion and tomato— or your toppings of choice!
How good does that look and sound? We can barely wait to make some ourselves! Now that you know how truthful we’re being about these amazing burger options, be sure to watch the Domestic Geek’s video below to see what other delicious options she’s cooking and grilling up. (We’ll give you a hint: they’re inspired by places we want to vacation this summer!) Check them out!
Which burger recipe will you try first? Do you have your own ways of making burgers extra special? What are your favorite ways to top your patties on celebratory days?