Curly hair is lovely, but it’s also labor-intensive. Unless you’re blessed with naturally curly hair, getting those ringlets is often a lengthy process, one that we don’t often have time or patience for, especially in summertime.
We were super excited to find out that Kayley Melissa was going to be showing us a way to do it in only five minutes. Three ways, in fact! All three methods are easy to do and each leaves you with effortless waves and curls.
- This method does involve heat, so we suggest starting off by brushing your favorite heat protector through your locks.
- Split your hair in half, from the ears up, and pin that layer on top of your head. Then separate your hair right in half, with one half over your left shoulder and one over your right.
- Curl each half on a 3/4″ iron until you feel the hair has heated up. Then pull out your iron and release the curl gently into your hand.
- Let the top layer down, separating the layer to the left and right of your head.
- Section each side into three sections, curling as you did in Step 3.
- Once every section is curled, hit your head with a smoothing spray.
- If you like your look a little more tousled, flip your hair and scrunch it with some texture spray.
Beach Waves & Curls
- This hairstyle starts the night before. Dampen your hair before bed and French braid it.
- The next day, un-do your braid and part your hair naturally.
- If you’d like a more structured curl, add a few curls with a smaller iron throughout your hair.
- Run your fingers through and add a little shine/scrunch spray.
Formal Waves & Curls
- Start by combing heat protective spray through your hair.
- Create a “hair bungee,” which is basically two bobby pins stuck onto either side of a hair elastic.
- Pull your hair into a high pony. Pin one bobby from the “bungee” into the base of your pony and wrap the elastic around a few times. Finish by sticking the last bobby pin into the base of the pony.
- With a 1″ curling iron start to curl section of the high pony.
- Once the entire pony is curled, gently let down the “bungee” and let your curls loose. Part your hair and run some shine spray through your hair to finish.
Three fabulous styles, all in only five minutes! Which one of these five-minute curls was your favorite? Do you quickly curl your hair in a different way? Share your favorite looks in the comments section below.