You all know that when it comes to gift-giving, there’s nothing we love more than a clever mason jar present! Happily for us AND everybody on our gift list, Valentine’s Day approaches, and the day of love encouraged us to seek out new ways to show our affection and adoration in the cutest of containers. Inspired especially by this incredible idea round-up from Craftaholics Anonymous, we put together 23 of our favorite gifts for our valentines, and of course we had to share them with you. Read on for ideas, then start crafting!
- Individual Fruit CakesChow
The way to the heart is through the stomach, especially when the treat in question is adorably, individually-sized! These sweet little fruit cakes are baked directly in the mason jars for an easy dessert gift.
- Jarred CupcakesCookies Cupcakes and Cardio
Another great baked gift idea? Cupcakes! They’re already individually-sized, and the mason jars make a perfect substitute for cupcake wrappers. Try this recipe from Cookies, Cupcakes and Cardio or this one from Creative Itch.
- Banana Bread-in-a-JarAllrecipes
Just one more baked idea! This method for making banana bread will also work with any quick bread recipe, so use it to whip up a gift for your most carb-loving valentine.
- Exfoliating Sugar ScrubsTidy Mom
Is there any gift greater than the gift of self-care? Your valentine is sure to appreciate this jar of pampering sugar scrubs, and you can pick between cinnamon vanilla and sweet-and-spicy brown sugar for the best-smelling results.
- Peppermint Sugar ScrubCincy Shopper
Want even more options for jarred indulgence? Try this refreshing scrub for the whole body . . .
- Peppermint Pedicure Foot SoakFour Hats and Frugal
. . . or this soothing soak for the feet.
- Hand Soap DispenserThe Happier Homemaker
Does your valentine love the “rustic chick” look? Help her extend it into her bathroom AND treat her hands nicely with this upcycled soap dispenser.
- Cocktail KitSomething Turquoise via Coco29
Forget that bottle of wine. Gather up the ingredients for your favorite cocktail and let your valentine enjoy a “party-in-a-jar!”
- Raspberry SauceThe Crafting Chicks via Coco29
In both color and sweetness, this sauce is perfect for Valentine’s Day. And don’t stop with raspberry— try using strawberries, cherries, and your other favorite red fruits for a tasty treat to top everything from cheesecake and ice cream.
- Valentine’s Day In A JarUncommon Designs via Craftaholics Anonymous
If it were possible to capture the entire essence of Valentine’s Day in a jar, this craft would definitely be it. It makes a perfect gift for the person who wants something decorative and whimsical!
- Scavenger Hunt HeartsMoorea Seal via Craftaholics Anonymous
The one game of love everybody will want to play! Stitch or cut out little hearts and hide them around the house for your loved one— in his jacket pocket, glasses case, lunch bag, etc. Tell him that when he finds one, it’s a reminder that you love him! He can collect them in the mason jar, and be reminded of your love for days, maybe even weeks, after Valentine’s Day!
- Photograph DisplayHandimania via Craftaholics Anonymous
The best gifts are memories, especially when you and your valentine have a long history together. Rather than share those memories in photos in regular old frames, make this incredible, vintage-inspired display with a mason jar and vegetable oil.
- Candle HoldersThe Frugal Girls via Craftaholics Anonymous
Sometimes the loveliest gifts are the simplest. These candle holders can be adapted for any and all holidays and seasons, too!
- Etched Glass VotiveEssentially Eclectic via Craftaholics Anonymous
Love the idea of using mason jars as votives but want something a little fancier? Try this incredible etched glass idea . . .
- Lace-Covered HolderDreamy Wedding Ideas via Craftaholics Anonymous
. . . and these super romantic lace ones. This one makes an excellent flower vase, too!
- Chocolate-Scented CandlesDamask Love via Craftaholics Anonymous
Not only do mason jars make perfect candle holders, they’re also the perfect tool for making the candles themselves. These ones smell like chocolate for a deliciously-sweet reminder of one of the most popular Valentine’s gifts.
- Chalkboard VasesHello Glow via Craftaholics Anonymous
Even a tradition as old as giving flowers becomes something special when it’s presented in mason jars! Plus, the little chalkboards let you send any message you want, perfect for the inside jokes and nicknames only you and your sweetheart share.
- Love Potion Number 9Shaken Together via Craftaholics Anonymous
“What you need is . . . Love Potion Number 9”— especially when that potion is red hots and adorable packaging.
- Lacey Heart Doily JarThe Pleated Poppy via Craftaholics Anonymous
Sometimes the jar itself is gift enough, especially when it’s so sweetly decorated.
- Heartfelt Snow GlobeWhipperBerry via Craftaholics Anonymous
Snow globes aren’t just for Christmas! After all, we have a “white Valentine’s Day” more often than we have a white Christmas. Capture wintery romance with this easy-to-make snow globe filled with a pretty felt heart.
- Popcorn JarHome Cooking Memories via Craftaholics Anonymous
This snack-in-a-jar not only gives your friend some popcorn that’s tastier and healthier – no chemicals! –than the store-bought bagged versions, it includes a cinnamon-sugar shaker for delicious midwinter taste.
- Jar of Hugs and KissesDomestically Speaking via Craftaholics Anonymous
Can’t be there in person to give your loved one all the hugs and kisses they deserve? Send them a whole jar of the chocolate versions to let them know how much you care even when you’re far away!
- Heart Stained Glass Tea LightsHuffington Post via Craftaholics Anonymous
This sweet and lovely idea turns any room into a romantic get-away. The lucky recipient of this gift won’t be able to resist enjoying it all year long!
So many great options! We’re definitely going to try the Heart Scavenger Hunt this year; it’s too sweet! Which one do you think you’ll try? Check out Craftaholics Anonymous for even more Valentine’s-Day-specific ideas, and be sure to check out our other round-ups of fun things to make with mason jars!