You can never have too many chicken recipes, but after a while they start to blend together— so what makes THIS one stand out? Maybe it’s the way its flavors infuse the vegetables cooked with it. Maybe it’s the awesome flavor combination of honey, garlic, chili flakes and soy sauce. Maybe it’s the just-right balance between adventurous and familiar. Or MAYBE it’s the fact that you can make it in your slow cooker! For us, it’s all of the above, and we can’t wait to share it with you. Watch how it’s made, then read on for the recipe and the crispy-skin variation.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 3 to 4 hours
– 1-½ pounds bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (about 6 to 8 thighs)
– 1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
– 1 pound small whole carrots, cleaned and stems removed
– 1 pound green beans, trimmed
– ½ cup soy sauce
– ½ cup honey
– 1-½ teaspoons dried basil
– ½ teaspoon chili flakes
– ½ teaspoons black pepper, plus more to taste
– 8 cloves garlic, minced
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, garlic, basil, chili flakes and black pepper. Set aside.
- Place the potatoes, carrots and half of the chicken thighs in a 6-quart slow cooker. Season with pepper, and pour half of the sauce over the chicken and veggies.
- Place the remaining chicken on top of the seasoned chicken and pour the remaining sauce evenly over everything. Season again with black pepper.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours – or cook on low for 7 to 8 hours – basting occasionally. Add the green beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Prefer crispy skin on your chicken thighs? Broil them! After cooking in the slow cooker, preheat your oven to broil. Place the thighs on a sheet pan, skin-side up, and broil for 3 to 4 minutes, until you reach your desired crispiness.
If you’re drooling over this marinade, try our recipe for honey garlic shrimp.
Recipe inspired by Life With The Crust