Monkey Bread is one of my favorite desserts to serve at a dinner party or family gathering. Why? Because whenever I do people start congregating around it because it’s so fun to start pulling little pieces off of it. But fair warning Monkey Bread is totally addictive. It’s also easy to make, check out the video below:
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 cans (7.5 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated biscuits
½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick or 4 oz)
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp spiced rum (optional)
optional ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F. Spray a large bundt pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
2. Melt the butter, rum and the brown sugar together in a small saucepan over medium heat until it has formed a sauce, then set aside while you prepare the biscuits.
3. While the sauce is cooking, separate all of the biscuits from each other, then cut each one into four pieces.
4. Combine the granulated sugar and the cinnamon in a gallon-sized zip lock bag and shake (with the bag closed please) until well mixed, then add in all the biscuit pieces and seal the bag. Shake around until all of the pieces are coated in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
5. Place all of the biscuit pieces into the prepared bundt pan. (If desired, distribute the dark chocolate chips evenly among the biscuits at this step.)
6. Pour the brown sugar-butter sauce over the biscuits in the pan.
7. Bake in the preheated 350 F oven for 40-45 minutes until dark golden brown. Let cool for five minutes, then flip out of the pan onto a serving plate.