Wonton Pizza Rolls
Love pizza and always on the look-out for ways to make it more fun, portable, or out-of-the-ordinary? Then check THIS recipe out! Not only is it transforming everybody’s favorite combination of sauce, cheese and toppings into an on-the-go-ready roll, it’s using wonton wrappers to make them lower in calories and even easier to wrap. Check them out!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
WONTON PIZZA ROLLS
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– ½ pound Italian sausage, cooked
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– ½ large green bell pepper, diced fine
– 1 small onion, diced fine
– 4 ounces mushrooms, diced
– 1 teaspoon salt
– ½ cup diced pepperoni
– 1 cup marinara sauce
– 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
– 1 package wonton wrappers (about 48 wraps)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Sauté the onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and salt until soft and slightly browned. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, add the pepperoni, marinara sauce and mozzarella, and mix together.
- Spoon the mixture into the wonton wrappers, using roughly 1 tablespoon of the mix per wrapper.
- Wet the edges of the wrapper and press them closed, forming a roll.
- Align the rolls on the baking tray and brush the tops with olive oil.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until browned.
Easy and delicious! What do you think? Have you ever used wonton wrappers with pizza ingredients before?