Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, which means it’s time for Valentine’s Day sweets! If you’re looking to move away from the normal old box of chocolates, try these Valentine cake pops. Perfect for the season and absolutely adorable, this sweet new treat is perfect to make for your friends, for your Valentine’s Day party or just for your Valentine to enjoy!
Valentine’s Day Cake Pops
- Half of a 9″ x 13″ cake
- 1/3 cup frosting
- Candy coating in various colors
- Lollipop sticks
- Optional: EZ Thin candy thinner (purchased at Michael’s), shortening, or canola oil.
2. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out cake balls and roll into a ball with your hands. For heart-shaped cake pops, flatten out the cake ball and form tip into a V-shape. Then use your pinkie finger to create an indent at the top. Make sure it’s still about 1 cm thick to insert your lollipop stick into! Refrigerate the finished cake balls for 20 min.
3. Melt your candy coating in the microwave on low power, stirring every 20 seconds. Dip your lollipop stick ½” into the coating, and insert into your cake ball.
4. Mix in 1 T. EZ Thins, shortening, or canola oil to thin coating. Dip cake pops into coating, and immediately decorate with sprinkles if desired.