Want an easy appetizer that takes the flavors everybody loves about pizza and makes it a little less messy and a lot more fun? Then check THIS out! Tasty Food demonstrates how to make a “twisted pizza” that’s simple to make and an enjoyable eat, all while using only a few ingredients. Just watch, then give it a try!
–2 sheets of puff pastry
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the two sheets of puff pastry on top of each other on the baking tray. Cut out equal size circles, then remove the top sheet and set aside.
- On the bottom pastry sheet, spread the pizza sauce and shredded cheese. Place the other sheet of puff pastry back on top.
- Take a glass and place it in the center of the pastry circle. Using a knife or scissors, slice the pastry into pie-wedge-shaped strips, moving away from the edge of the glass toward the edge of the pastry circle. Continue until you’ve moved all the way around the pastry circle.
- Take each pastry strip and twist.
- Brush the egg wash over the top of the twisted puff pastry, including the flat center circle.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
How fun is this dish? I think the guests at my next party would be delighted to eat it, and it seems like it would be perfect for a Super Bowl party. What do you think? Will you give it a try? Would you add any other pizza toppings to the twists, or are you satisfied by simple sauce and cheese?