If you’ve spent any time outside this spring, chances are you may already be suffering from one or several mosquito bites. Stopping yourself from scratching may be one of the hardest things to do, but relief comes in many forms according to Tipnut. A lot of her remedies can be found in most households. So before you spring for a huge bottle of Calamine Lotion, check out some other alternatives first.
- Rub a bar of soap over the itch. This works with a wet or dry bar.
- Put a piece of scotch tape on the bite, or dab rubbing alcohol on the bite first and then stick the tape to it.
- Rub an ice cube over it.
- Dab any of the following onto the bite: nail polish, toothpaste, vinegar, underarm deodorant, rubbing alcohol, a hot tea bag, etc.
- Use a paste application on a fresh bite, i.e. baking soda and water or salt and water.
- Applying fresh fruit like lemon juice/slice or lime juice/slice should work as well.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Head over to Tipnut for her full list of Over 40 Mosquito Bite Itch Releif Tips!