Spring Ahead to Asparagus with Garlic and Parmesan
One sure sign that spring is coming is the appearance of asparagus, one of the first vegetables available to pick after long winters, often as early as February. I usually just sauté it, but The Cookin’ Chicks show us how to make it just a little more special by roasting it with delicious Parmesan and beneficial garlic. This simple, healthy recipe definitely deserves a place in the spring meal rotation!
– 1 bunch asparagus spears, trimmed
– 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the asparagus on the bottom of a baking dish. The dish should be large enough to fit the bunch of asparagus when it’s in a single layer.
- Pour olive oil on top of the asparagus and toss to coat.
- Arrange the asparagus in a single layer.
- Sprinkle garlic and Parmesan on top. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until tender enough to cut with a fork.
I love cooking asparagus to go along with a romantic steak dinner. What are your favorite occasions to serve this healthy green? How do you like to prepare asparagus?