Spinach Artichoke Crustfree Quiche
This is a wonderfully easy brunch recipe that brings to mind decadent spinach artichoke dip without the guilt. In fact you can assemble the entire dish the evening before, wake up, throw it in the oven, and have a fancy pants breakfast in less than an hour. Artichoke hearts have exceptionally high levels of fiber. So if your health conscious significant other is trying to stick to their New Year’s resolutions to by eating a bowl of bran you can sit smug in the knowledge that you’re not only eating tons of fiber, but lots of iron as well! The consistency of this dish is much like a quiche, only minus the crust. If you want to cut down on the cheese cause you’re the health conscious significant other, then by all means feel free!
1 medium sized yellow onion, chopped
1 heaping cup artichoke hearts, chopped
5 cups spinach, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons cream
2 tablespoons dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a small casserole dish (about 7×11″) with non stick spray.
- Heat the oil in a medium-large skillet on medium high heat. Add the onion and artichoke hearts and cook until the onion is wilted, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach 1 cup at a time, stirring often, until all the spinach is wilted. Add the garlic and cook for 30 second, stirring constantly. Move this mixture into the casserole pan.
- Top with 1 cup of the mozzarella and all of the parmesan.
- In a small bowl mix together the eggs, salt, pepper, cream, and oregano. Pour over the vegetable mixture. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top is golden brown and the eggs have puffed up. Serve immediately.