How To Make Chicken Marsala In Your Slow Cooker
If you’re looking for a dish that’s simultaneously easy and impressive, you can’t do better than chicken Marsala. The traditional Italian-American dish is a perfect blend of light and savory, filled with mushrooms, Marsala wine, pancetta or prosciutto, and, of course, chicken. As deliciously simple as it is, we still know so many people intimidated by the thought of making it, so we went looking for a way to make it a little easier and a little less time-consuming. The answer was right there in one of our favorite appliances: our crock-pot! Watch and learn how to make some Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala for easy, incredible taste.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN MARSALA
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 pounds)
– ½ cup flour
– ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
– ½ teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
– 2 tablespoons butter, divided
– 3 ounces pancetta, chopped
– ½ pound mushrooms, sliced ⅛-inch thick
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– ½ onion, minced
– 1 cup Marsala cooking wine
– 1 cup chicken stock
– ½ cup water
– ⅓ cup cornstarch
– Fresh parsley, chopped
- In a shallow dish, mix the flour, salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour mix and shake off any excess.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter. Working in batches, brown the chicken on both sides. Once browned, transfer the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the skillet, and add the pancetta to the pan. Cook until crisp, then remove to a paper towel and reserve for later.
- Add the Marsala wine and scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the wine over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, garlic, onions and chicken broth to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3½ hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker, leaving the sauce behind, and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch. Slowly add it to the sauce, and mix well to combine.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and continue to cook another 15 to 30 minutes, until the chicken is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with the reserved pancetta and chopped fresh parsley. Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.
Nice, easy and delicious! What do you think of it? Have you ever made chicken Marsala in a crock-pot before, or are you a master of the more traditional method?
Recipe adapted from Moms With Crockpots