Save Suitcase Space, Time and Money with DIY Washcloth Travel Kit
With all of the strict travel rules about packing, it can be hard to figure out how to fit everything you need into your suitcase, especially when it comes to toiletries. Even if you’re not flying, space is a valuable commodity, and we’re always on the lookout for ways to save it. Craftaholics Anonymous brings us a great craft that turns your washcloth into an easy, DIY travel kit that will keep you organized and your bags light.
– 12 to 18 inches of washable ribbon
– Sewing machine or needle and thread
– No Sew Option: Iron-on hem tape or fabric glue
- Fold the bottom of the washcloth up so that it’s about an inch or two below the top of the washcloth.
- Sew up both outside edges of the washcloth to make a large pouch.
- Sew a few straight lines up the middle of the pouch to create smaller pockets.
- Flip the washcloth over and attach the middle of the ribbon to one edge of the washcloth, about halfway up.
- Flip the washcloth back over and fill the pockets with your toiletries.
Voila! To travel, simply roll up and tie with the ribbon!
I really wish I’d known about this one in my backpacking days. What are your favorite ways to save space when you travel?