Best Way To Remove Mold & Stains From Shower & Bathtub Caulking
Your bathroom can be a haven in your home. There’s no nicer feeling than looking over sparkling counters, lovely smelling candles, and rows of your beloved products as you take a long soak in the tub or put on your makeup.
…But real talk? The bathroom can’t always look that way. On a typical day, our counters are covered in hair and don’t get us started on the caulking in our tubs. Ugh.
Shower caulking is one of the most common places for stains and mold in the bathroom. Not only is it dangerous to allow mold to fester but it’s unsightly — especially somewhere you’re trying to clean yourself.
Never fear, there is a simple way to eliminate those nasty stains for good. This tip came from a reader who had seen our Spray that Completely Destroys Mold tip and asked if there was a better way to get rid of mold in shower caulking.
To get rid of stains or mold in caulking simply get some cotton coil. You can find this at your local drugstore or even Amazon. It’s like cotton balls but just in coil form!
Here’s what to do from there:
1. In a bowl or pan soak the cotton coil in bleach.
2. After the cotton coil is saturated with bleach take it out of the bowl/pan and place it along the caulking with stains or mold.
3. Use a Q-Tip to push the coil into the caulking.
4. Let it sit overnight and in the morning you can take an old toothbrush to scrub away any remaining stains.
5. Finally take a pitcher of water to thoroughly rinse out the area where cotton coil was applied.
Keep up on this simple technique and you’ll less nasty mold or stains on your caulking! And you’ll be one step closer to that atmospheric bathroom of our dreams.
Do you have a trick for eliminating bathroom mold? Share your tips with us and make sure to check out our Spray that Completely Destroys Mold.