Nothing is more delicious than made-from-scratch homemade cookies! Unless, of course, they’re made-from-scratch homemade PEANUT BUTTER cookies! It doesn’t get more delicious than warm, soft peanut butter dough melting in your mouth. And of course, we all love the signature “hashtag” mark on top of each cookie (rumor has it that this stamp inspired the founders of Twitter to create the hashtag – so go cookies!). Now, you could go out and get a boxed or bagged cookie mix to make your peanut butter cookies. But we firmly believe these are best made at home with just a few simple ingredients you probably have in your kitchen right now. Watch the video below to see how these classic cookies are made and prepare to get very hungry.
I wasn’t joking – I’m craving these cookies now! I know I can’t be the only one who will be making these tonight. If you are, here are a few tips to make the best PB cookies possible.
First, make sure the butter is room temperature to keep the dough nice and soft. Second, make sure everything you add to the dough to beat you start off beating slowly and then gradually build to a higher speed. Finally, when rolling the balls of dough, make sure your hands are a little damp for perfectly round cookies!
Oh, and for the perfect peanut butter cookie stamp on top, take a fork and press down one way, then turn the cookie 90 degrees and stamp the fork THAT way. There you have it! The perfect stamp.
CLASSIC PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter
– 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
– 1/2 cup white sugar
– 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or 1/4 tsp fine table salt)
– 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2. Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Cream the mixture, starting slow and gradually getting faster.
4. Take a spatula and scrape the sides down.
5. Add one egg and slowly beat in.
6. Add in flour and beat in. Stop while you can still see some flour, scrape the sides, and give it a few final turns.
7. Form this into a ball of dough, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
8. Use a scoop to ball out the dough and roll it in your hands to make them smooth and round.
9. Place the balls of dough on the baking sheet and use your fork to stamp the classic peanut butter lines on top.
10. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees F. Let cool and enjoy!