Having a well-stocked and well-prepared freezer can save you lots of money in the long run and ensure that you’re not often left wanting for an easy and delicious meal. In fact, you can create home-cooked meals in your crock pot with very little effort if you’ve done just a bit of preparation beforehand.
Most of the following recipes can be prepared with frozen meat. If you’ve cut up some veggies and stored them in advance, you can just throw simple ingredients in the crock pot in the morning to have a delicious “TV Dinner” ready for you when you get home from work:
- Brown Sugar Chicken: simply plop thawed chicken into the crock pot and cover with brown sugar, pepper, chopped garlic, soy sauce and vinegar. Serve over a bed of rice and you’re good to go.
- Lazy Chicken: for this recipe, all you’ll need are frozen chicken pieces and bottled marinara sauce. It literally couldn’t be easier.
- Super Simple Cranberry Roast: just toss frozen meat into the slow cooker and add in onion, soy sauce and a can (or 2 cups of homemade) cranberry sauce.
- Easy Fajitas: dump frozen or thawed thinly-sliced beef into the crock pot along with onion, peppers, seasoning and water. Serve later with fajita fixings.
- Pulled Pork with Sauerkraut: use a pork tenderloin, sauerkraut and mustard to make this easy and surprisingly tender dish. Serve as is in a bowl or on a bun.
- Asian Peanut Butter Pork: put pork tenderloin over sliced onions in the crock pot. Then add brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, water, garlic and peanut butter. Flip the meat an hour before serving.
Find dozens more easy slow cooker recipes over at A Year of Slow Cooking’s Slow Cooker TV Dinners.