Conquer Crazy School Mornings with These Five Make-Ahead Breakfasts!
It’s back-to-school time, parents! For some, this return to classes may mean a little more free time is just around the corner. But for others, the start of the new school year means the return of a crazy hectic schedule. After school, you’ve got the craziness of picking up one kid for dance class while also dropping the other off at soccer practice AND running the neighborhood carpool. Yikes. But while that might sound stressful, we can all agree the only thing more daunting than the after-school schedule are the before-school mornings. Trying to get kids cleaned, dressed, and fed with enough time to catch the bus can seem impossible sometimes – and, remember, you have to get yourself ready for work, too!
To make your crazy mornings a little easier, try preparing these five make-ahead breakfasts; they’re all delicious, simple to make, and they’ll help you get out the door (with a full stomach) on time. And with a hectic school year on the horizon, you’re probably going to need all the help you can get.
Try all five of these delicious breakfasts and then share with us which one was your favorite! Do you make any breakfasts ahead of time? Share your recipes and ideas in the comments section below.
These refreshing protein pops are perfect for those early September days when the warm weather hasn’t decided to leave us QUITE yet! They can be made with your kids’ favorite fruit and they’re guaranteed to keep you full through your mid-morning meeting.
- Put all fruits in the blender with protein powder and almond milk. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie mixture into pop molds and put them in the freezer overnight.
If you love yogurt parfaits but you don’t have time to compile them in the mornings, you can easily make them ahead of time! And in adorable mason jars, too. Feel free to use any combination of fruit, yogurt, and toppings that you or your family enjoys.
- In a mason jar, pile your yogurt, your fruit, you granola, and finish off with any toppings. She uses coconut flakes, which would be delicious with a tropical fruit like mango or pineapple!
- When you’re ready to eat, shake up the jar and enjoy.
Savory Strata Muffins
For something a little savory in the A.M., try these yummy strata muffins! This combination of egg and bread is absolutely delicious and you’ll feel like you’re taking a super fancy brunch on-the-go. Make a big batch of these to last for a few weeks.
- Into a Ziploc bag, add your crusty bread (preferably in cubes), your cheese, bacon, and green onions. Shake this up and let it sit.
- Whisk up your eggs and seasonings. Pour the egg mixture over the dry ingredients in the Ziploc bag and make sure the bread is entirely covered in the egg.
- Leave it for 15-30 to soak.
- Scoop out the mixture into a muffin tin. Bake at 350 ℉ for 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on it so the bread doesn’t burn!
Fruity Quinoa Salad
If you’ve never had a sweet quinoa dish before, you are in for a treat! The nutty flavor of quinoa is perfect for the sweetness of fruits and syrups, and this dish stays good for 3-4 solid mornings after you’ve made it.
- In a bowl, start with cooked quinoa.
- Add to your quinoa your berries, nuts, and syrup. Feel free to use agave nectar or leave out the sweetener all together.
- Eat cold, right out of the bowl, for 3-4 days after preparing.
Waffle Breakfast Sandwich
Upgrade your normal breakfast sandwich by using delicious waffles for bread! These are really easy to prepare ahead of time, so we suggest making a big batch, wrapping them up, and grabbing them to go right out of the fridge when you need them.