What a Brilliant Way to Make a Cake Taste Like a Doughnut!
When it comes to making breakfast as special as dessert, it doesn’t get much sweeter than a doughnut! Unfortunately, when it comes to homemade baked goods, it also doesn’t get much trickier than doughnuts, either. Getting a batch just right can take a lot of tries, and many of us don’t have that many ingredients to spare. What to do if you really want to make them at home? Try this “tray bake” instead! It comes to us from the mind of The One Pot Chef, and he’s basically making a cake that captures all the sweetness of jelly doughnuts in an easy-to-make way. Watch how he does it!
– 2 cups self-raising flour
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 3/4 cup caster sugar (or super fine white sugar)
– 2 eggs, lightly beaten
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 1 cup buttermilk (or thin runny yogurt)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 4 tablespoons strawberry jam
– 2 teaspoons water
– 1 to 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
– 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
– Whipped cream or ice cream (to serve)
Check out more information about this recipe by visiting The One Pot Chef’s site. What do you think of this recipe idea? Have you ever had anything like it before? What other doughnuts would you like to try baked this way?