How to Restore Old Sneakers
Those old sneakers you’ve been wearing for a while may be a little dirty and worse for wear, but you can restore them to their former glory with just a few steps. This tip comes from Instructables, where contributor Chainslaw demonstrated how to restore old sneakers, using second-hand Vans as the example.
What You’ll Need
- Your scruffy sneakers
- Some toothpaste
- A plastic scrubber (or steel wool)
Here’s What You Do:
- Apply toothpaste to the scrubber (not the shoe)
- Scrub those shoes, and put your back into it!
- Rinse and check if you’ve missed any spots
- Rinse most of the toothpaste out of the scrubber before rinsing the top if the top needs washing. If the shoes are new and you want to preserve the color, you could skip this step because it might make them look a bit faded.
- Rinse shoes all the way through and squeeze out the water to make them dry faster
For pictures of the step-by-step instructions for this project, be sure to head over to Restoring Old Sneakers.