Summer time means shorts, skirts and bathing suits, and letting your legs breathe. Since they’ll be out and about more often, why not give your gams some extra TLC with a homemade in-shower body lotion? One Good Thing by Jillee shares her DIY version and her exfoliating routine to make shaving and skin care more effective and long-lasting. (Fun fact: you should be exfoliating every time you shave!) Your skin will be silky soft, smooth, and ready to run, dance, swim, and play all summer long.
–1 1/4 cup sugar
–1/2 cup olive oil (You can also use coconut oil, baby oil, canola oil, etc.)
–3 tablespoons citrus juice (lemon or lime) OR 20 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- Mix the sugar, oil and juice together in a mason jar (or any other container you want), and shake it all up.
- Hydrate your legs by soaking them in the tub for 5 minutes, or simply standing under the water during your normal shower while you shampoo and condition your hair.
- Apply your mixture to your skin and rub it in well.
- Shave as you normally do.
- Rinse and repeat each step, including another round of shaving.
- Use a mild soap or body wash to wash off the oil completely.
- Finish up with your favorite lotion.
Note: Be careful with the oil in the shower, as it will make everything pretty slippery! Be kind to whoever uses the shower after you and make sure the bottom is oil-free.
The natural ingredients in this lotion are key! The sugar gets rid of dirt and excess skin, the juice acts as a mild skin peel, and the oil provides deep, long-lasting moisturizing. No wonder your legs feel so good after using it! Will you give this lotion a try?